Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

In the past two months, Niños has undergone a complete make-over. As I mentioned while I was home this summer, we were preparing to open a girls dorm and a boys dorm for our kids who are 18 and over. By the end of August, both of these dorms were up and running. 
The Girls Dorm with Abby (dorm mom)



There are 7 in the girls dorm (supervised by Saul and Abby) and 9 in the boys dorm (supervised by Daniel). The older kids are kept busy with their studies, as well as with job interviews or working. 

 
 

They are enjoying their new freedoms and adjusting to their new responsibilities. Welcome to adulthood! 
The Boys Dorm





 An additional advantage of opening the girls and boys dorms is that we have been able to take in several new kids, starting in July. New kids have arrived to the Bethel Home, the Esperanza Home, and to the Genesis Home. Since July, we have welcomed 10 new children to our Niños family. 


New faces!

Last Friday, the Genesis House celebrated the arrival of a thirteen year old girl (not in the picture to the left). Today, we welcomed a family of 5 - 2 boys and 3 girls (also, not pictured). The Genesis House is getting fuller every day! Tonight as I walked over to my room, I was overcome with emotion just thinking about all of the new kids God has brought to Niños recently. New kids to get to know, new kids to hug, new kids to talk to about God, new kids to give a second chance. It's incredibly humbling to be a part of this ministry. The responsibility is great, but the reward is greater.

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about all the work that is going on there! I'm so happy that I know you and that you're doing what excites you! I knew you wouldn't be in the states for very long after college. So happy that God has you where He wants you.

    ReplyDelete