Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring is not just in the air, it's here!

Spring has come to Mexico and it is wonderful! The temperatures are getting warmer and the sun is usually shining everyday. To celebrate the beginning of spring, in typical Mexican fashion, we had a party. Not only were we celebrating the change in the weather, but also Benito Juarez, a beloved Mexican president. The spring party took place on a Friday and instead of spending the day in classes, we enjoyed speeches, songs, and performances with puppets and recorders. One of the kindergarten girls was chosen to be the "Spring Queen" and performed a dance number similar to those performed at quincineras (15th birthday parties). She was absolutely adorable. After the formal program concluded, the remainder of the time was spent enjoying food, fellowship, and pinatas. I know I repeat this a lot, but I'm going to repeat it again. Life here is all about enjoying the moment and spending time with people you love. In my opinion, we don't do enough of that in States.

No comments:

Post a Comment