At the end of March, I had the opportunity to get away for a long weekend with some of the other staff. We went to Puebla (another town that is about 2 hours away) for the Mexico Missionary Reunion. The Mexico Missionary Reunion is basically like a retreat for missionaries, complete with worship and teaching (all in English - Yay!). There were about 30 of us there, including missionaries and their children. It was so great to meet other missionaries serving in Mexico and hear about how God is working in their ministries. Rarely do I think about or pray for other missionaries in Mexico. There is a much bigger picture than what's happening at Ninos de Mexico. I'm part of a bigger team. All of us missionaries are here in Mexico with one single purpose - to reach this country for Christ. 
While at the reunion, we stayed in a beautiful, brightly colored hotel. The hotel had two courtyards on the main floor, as well as a large roof/balcony. The roof became a place of solitude for me and I made a habit of spending time up there each day just reading or praying or being quiet. At the Missionary Reunion, I realized the importance of taking time for myself. So often, I get focused on serving and pouring out into other people that I fail to take the time for myself that I need. Often when I consider taking time for myself, I feel guilty
for not spending that time with other people. Thankfully, God has helped me realize the importance of guarding a time of solitude - only when I am connected with Him am I able to serve and genuinely love others. Since coming back from the reunion, I've really been enjoying spending time in the Bible and have made time for focused prayer during the day. The change in my attitude and energy level has been a blessing from God. He is so good. He doesn't need us, we need Him. Desperately.
for not spending that time with other people. Thankfully, God has helped me realize the importance of guarding a time of solitude - only when I am connected with Him am I able to serve and genuinely love others. Since coming back from the reunion, I've really been enjoying spending time in the Bible and have made time for focused prayer during the day. The change in my attitude and energy level has been a blessing from God. He is so good. He doesn't need us, we need Him. Desperately.
No comments:
Post a Comment