
Being in school from September to August has definitely been a new experience for me. To be honest, I think teachers need a summer vacation just as much or even more than the students do! So all that to say, even though the kids were not on break, I took two and a half weeks off of school to spend some time in the States. The focus of my time home was different than in the past. A couple of weeks before I was supposed to leave for the States, our ministry went through a very difficult situation. This situation really took a toll on me


physically and emotionally and even spiritually. I was empty, with nothing left to give anyone. My trip to the States couldn't have come at a better time. Instead of filling my two and a half weeks with activity, I went home with only a couple of set plans. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. Much of my time was spent with family - my parents, my grandparents, and other relatives. I was also able to spend time with a few really great friends who provided a lot of encouragement. A couple of the highlights of my time at home were meeting my friend Heather's precious baby girl and taking a road trip with my mom, during which we had no schedule or plan. It was nice to be able to get away and be refreshed. One of the lessons God continues to try to teach me (and maybe this time He finally got through!) is the importance of taking care of myself, even though it may feel selfish. If I'm not full, there is no way I can pour out into others. Even Jesus took time away from people to spend in prayer or solitude. If Jesus needed it, how much more do I need it?!
No comments:
Post a Comment