![]() |
| Brenda |
![]() |
| Perla |
While I was in the States, the Genesis Home received two new girls. Perla is 12 years old and has a younger brother who is living at the Esperanza Home next door. She has quickly made friends with the two 11 year old girls at Genesis. Brenda is 7 years old and has a smile that will melt your heart. She was one of the first girls to welcome me back to Mexico, even though we hadn't met yet. I've actually never been at Ninos when we have gotten new kids and the idea of it kind of made me nervous. I'm so comfortable with all of the kids here that I had forgotten what it was like to start at the beginning of building a relationship. Once Brenda smiled at me and grabbed my hand, all of those insecure thoughts about meeting new kids vanished. Any time a new child arrives at Ninos, it is an adjustment, not just for that child, but also for the house parents and for the other kids who have already been living in the house. With the arrival of a new child, the entire dynamic of the house changes. The girls have been wonderful about welcoming Brenda and Perla to the Genesis family and are already including them in the fun ....


No comments:
Post a Comment