Last month for four days, all of our American staff packed up to head to the Mexico Missionary Reunion. The Mexico Missionary Reunion is an annual 4 day retreat for missionaries serving in central Mexico. Each day, we enjoyed a speaker, prayer groups, and best of all – worship in English. While I love Spanish and get more comfortable with it everyday, there is nothing as special for me as singing in English. It’s just me and God and it’s wonderful and refreshing for my soul. The missionaries in charge of organizing the reunion had rented out an entire hotel for us. Each room had its own porch with rocking chairs. This year, I roomed alone because there are no other single girl missionaries from Niños. It was the first time I had stayed alone in a hotel and I loved it. To be honest, the reunion can be a little hard for me sometimes because the majority of the other missionaries are married and have families of their own. God is teaching me all the time how important it is to be patient and trust in His timing, even when it’s difficult. Despite a couple of lonely moments, God and I spent some quality time together on my patio. Room 24 will hold a special place in my heart because it’s one of the places where I was able to enjoy sweet solitude.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Mexico Missionary Reunion
Last month for four days, all of our American staff packed up to head to the Mexico Missionary Reunion. The Mexico Missionary Reunion is an annual 4 day retreat for missionaries serving in central Mexico. Each day, we enjoyed a speaker, prayer groups, and best of all – worship in English. While I love Spanish and get more comfortable with it everyday, there is nothing as special for me as singing in English. It’s just me and God and it’s wonderful and refreshing for my soul. The missionaries in charge of organizing the reunion had rented out an entire hotel for us. Each room had its own porch with rocking chairs. This year, I roomed alone because there are no other single girl missionaries from Niños. It was the first time I had stayed alone in a hotel and I loved it. To be honest, the reunion can be a little hard for me sometimes because the majority of the other missionaries are married and have families of their own. God is teaching me all the time how important it is to be patient and trust in His timing, even when it’s difficult. Despite a couple of lonely moments, God and I spent some quality time together on my patio. Room 24 will hold a special place in my heart because it’s one of the places where I was able to enjoy sweet solitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment