The first week of April, I went back to camp in Oaxaca with the Doctor and his wife, Doc’s daughter and her family, and 3 of our kids. This year, Karla, Alejandra, and I taught classes to the kids 8 years old and younger. It was definitely a big job because the kids had a lot of energy
and very short attention spans. Even though we finished classes every day ready to take a nap, the kids were absolutely precious and I’m so glad for the opportunity to teach them. It was nice to feel like I had a purpose in being at the camp and was able to help in some way. For the entire week, the kids followed Karla, Alejandra, and I around whether it was time for classes or not. They even found out where our tent was and often came to visit us. I still think about them and miss their little voices saying “Maestra (teacher)” and their hugs. 
After camp, one of the families invited us to stay at their house because they live close to the beach. We spent all day Saturday at the beach and had a blast playing in the water and getting burnt.
Going to camp was extra special for me because it is where I met my boyfriend Obed a year ago. It’s hard to believe that a year has already passed! Our relationship has grown so much in that time and we look forward to seeing how God will continue to strengthen our relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment