My family is wonderful. They are a constant source of encouragement and support for me. There is no way I could do what I am doing without them. I have been blessed with two sets of grandparents,
several aunts, uncles, and cousins, and of course, my parents and my brother. Being far from family has made me cherish our times together more. The holidays were full of precious moments - baking with my grandmas, playing games with my cousins, laughing with my aunts and uncles. The fun ended too soon, as it always does, and it was time for bittersweet goodbyes.Having such an amazing family does make it difficult to be in another country sometimes. I don't live in Mexico to get away from my family, but because it is where God wants me at this point in my life. The Bible is very clear on the role of family
in relation to God: "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me .... and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me" - Matthew 10:37-38. Those are some harsh words! (especially when you really love your father and mother...) God has asked me to take up His cross and follow Him to serve at Ninos de Mexico. It doesn't mean that I love my family any less, just that I am working on expanding the family of God here. Not only should we be focusing on our earthly families, but also on our heavenly family - and sometimes this may bring us far away from our families.
Just had to laugh at the family pic you posted! You are funny! It was a great time together.
ReplyDelete