Friday, March 1, 2013
Watching God work...
When I arrived back in Mexico after Christmas, I was met with the sound of running feet and a lot of screaming. In an instant, Karla and I were hugging and crying tears of joy at being reunited. Ever since I first came to Ninos as an intern during the summer of 2009, Karla has had a special place in my heart. Once I returned to serve on staff, she quickly became like a sister to me. Her level head, her good advice, and her passion for God have always impressed me. One of the things I cherish about our relationship is that she really cares about me. Even though I am about 6 years older than her, Karla has always been interested in getting to know me as a person and our relationship is one of mutual encouragement. In ministry, it is SO refreshing to have a relationship like that! We have been through good times, we have been through bad times, and we have had some difficult conversations. We have cried together, we have laughed together, and we have prayed together. (I'll never forget the first time Karla asked me if she could pray for me like how I always prayed for her.) She is currently studying at Bible College in Piedras Negras, on the border of Mexico and Texas. It was such a joy to spend time with her and see the ways God is working in her life as she studies His word. I was so proud to watch Karla give an amazing devotional on King David to the Genesis girls. As I sat listening to her share with the younger girls, all I could think about was how things have come full circle. Karla used to be the little one sitting in the living room listening to an older girl give a testimony; now she's the one sharing with the little girls. God is so good. It is incredible to watch Him work in the kids' lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment