
I recently had the joy of experiencing my first all institution field trip. A couple of weeks ago, we took the day off school to go to a water park. Imagine packing up all of our Mexico staff and the 60 children who live in our 4 homes... The result was a caravan of 8 vehicles. Leaving for this field trip was

definitely no small task. Thankfully, the water park was only 2 hours away and only 1 of the vans had car trouble along the way. Once arriving, we spent the day relaxing, swimming, and of course, eating. Some of us girls decided it would be fun to do face masks, which turned out to be a great bonding experience. We began calling ourselves "the tribu" or tribe and laughing at the way the masks made it difficult to talk. While us girls were goofing around, the boys were hard at working cooking delicious food for everyone.

This field trip was also an educational experience for me. I learned that 1.20 meters is VERY SHALLOW and that it is not a good idea to jump off a rope swing into water of this depth - it will hurt. Our field trip was two weeks ago and I still have pain in my foot from my "accident." But, I guess I learned my lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment