Monday, September 13, 2010

"Boliche!"

Two weekends ago, some of us staff went bowling with the high school kids. It was fun to have a night out! Here are some pictures from the evening...





We had about 10 people bowling in each lane! Needless to say, one game took a long time. Because the game wasn't moving very quickly, karaoke became the main attraction. As more and more kids disappeared to sing karaoke, bowling turned into a competition to see who could pick up a bowling ball and throw it down the lane the fastest - regardless of whose turn it was. I'm sad to report that I didn't get that strike I hoped for, but I think I got at least one spare. Our group was more concerned with having fun than having an intense competition.
Our evening out was special for the high school kids because the former executive director of Ninos and his wife had come from the U.S. to spend the week in Mexico. They congratulated the kids on their good grades and gave them gifts. It was kind of a beginning of the school year pep talk. I'm already excited for the high school graduation - this year 14 of the Ninos kids will be graduating!

No comments:

Post a Comment