Spring has arrived in Mexico! The temperatures are warmer, the sun is shining, everything is green, windows can be kept open at night... The kids and staff have been enjoying time outside. Sorry to hear that Spring still hasn't arrived in the States. Hopefully soon.We celebrated Wendy's 15th birthday. Instead of the traditional quicinera party, she chose to have a meal and cake with family and friends. Of course the best part of the celebration was pushing her face in the cake!
Our church in Texcoco now has an official sign. We hope that the sign will be another way to publicize the church and encourage new people to come on Sunday mornings. Prayers for the church would be greatly appreciated, as we continue to try to reach out to the community.
March is the month for the school's annual spring party. All of the students had a role to play in the party program. Some of them marched during the flag ceremony, others sang, others danced, and some even.jpg)
recited poetry about Benito Juarez. One of the highlights of the spring party is watching a group of secondary students, dressed in traditional clothing and performing a traditional dance. Every year, the kindergarten girl who has the highest grades and best behavior is chosen to be the "Reina de la Primavera," or the Spring Queen. The spring queen is accompanied by two kindergarten boys, also with good grades and good behavior. They perform a dance at the party. This year's spring queen was Brenda, from the Genesis House. She was absolutely adorable.
At the end of the month, I made my first long roadtrip in the jetta, with Obed as my co-pilot. We made the 6 hour drive to Oaxaca for his dad's Christian family camp. I'm happy to report that God kept us safe on the roads and kept me calm driving (for the most part!). Before heading to camp, Obed and I took three Ninos kids to a baseball game. It was so much fun for us to watch them enjoy a professional sporting event. None of them had ever been to a baseball game before. The day after the baseball game, we headed to camp with the Ninos doctor and his family, and with the three kids. The camp theme for the week was "Who Should I
Marry?" I've never heard a lot of preaching on this topic in Mexico so I was very interested to say what they had to say. Obed and I benefited from classes from several different pastors and Bible college students; we learned A LOT and they gave us a lot to think about too..jpg)
.jpg)
You forgot to include YOUR birthday silly!
ReplyDeleteHaha ... Oh right! I don't want anyone to know how old I am...
ReplyDelete