Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Beautiful Redemption Story

As some of you may remember, one of the girls left in October to be with her biological family. It was very difficult to say goodbye, but at the same time, we couldn't fault her for wanting to be with her real mom. Just a couple of weeks ago, there was a knock at my door bright and early on Saturday morning. My initial reaction was annoyance because the girls know not to bother me before breakfast. I laid in my bed listening to the knocking and wondering what in the world was so important to tell me at 8:30 A.M. When the knocking didn't stop, I got out of my bed and crept quietly towards the curtain to check who it was. Then I heard a voice, "Tia Megan! It's me, Hilda!" At that I threw open the curtains and couldn't believe that she was standing out there in front of my apartment. I ran to the door and hugged her and hugged her some more. For the next hour and a half, we sat in my living room talking about her experiences over the past couple of months. Some of it broke my heart. She had decided to come back to Ninos and ask for a second chance; she spent Saturday waiting for an answer. We were praying hard for her meeting with the director. The director graciously offered her a second chance and here she is with us again. She has experienced a lot over these past few months and has some new wounds that need to be healed, but here she is happy, safe, and with a smile on her face. The sound of her laughter brings such joy to my heart. Sometimes I can't believe she's really here again. I'm so glad that God brought her back to us and I trust in Him to continue to soften her heart. Our God is a redeeming God and it's such a blessing to see that play out. His arms are always open, ready to receive us.

No comments:

Post a Comment